The libraries are abuzz with fun and free activities this January – check out what’s happening!
This new program is an opportunity for homeschooled students to get together each week and learn about different topics and participate in fun educational activities. The group meets every Wednesday at 1 pm at the Idaho Springs Public Library, starting on January 15. Don’t miss Virtual Reality the first week! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It may seem as though spellcheck has eliminated any need to be able to spell, but we disagree! Put your spelling skills to the test at our good old-fashioned spelling bees this month. The Sip & Spell events are family-friendly. And don’t miss bee crafternoons at the libraries the week of January 20!
- Kids at Idaho Springs: Tuesday, January 28 at 3:30 pm
- Kids at Georgetown: Wednesday, January 29 at 3:45 pm
- Sip & Spell at Westbound & Down Brewing Company: Thursday, January 30 at 5:30 pm
- Sip & Spell at The Alpine Restaurant & Bar: Friday, January 31 at 5:30 pm
Legal Advice Clinic
Every month, Colorado Legal Services hosts a virtual legal advice clinic at the Idaho Springs Public Library to answer legal questions, help with court forms, and explain the law and procedure for civic legal issues (not criminal or traffic). The next clinic is Tuesday, January 21; registration begins at 1 pm.
Enjoy a family-friendly movie with us each month! January’s pick is season-appropriate – we’ll be watching Abominable!
- Georgetown: Friday, January 3 at 5 pm (Georgetown Heritage Center)
- Idaho Springs: Friday, January 10 at 3:30 pm
Adult Craft Nights
We’re starting 2020 with paper embroidery projects at our Adult Craft Nights in January. These events are a great way to meet new people and are an opportunity to try something creative for free!
- Georgetown: Thursday, January 9 at 5:30 pm
- Idaho Springs: Monday, January 13 at 5:30 pm
Adult Book Groups
Connect with other readers in our community at monthly library book meetups. Share your ideas and discover new stories. New readers are always welcome! Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Georgetown: Thursday January 16 at 7 pm; book selection – In the Country We Love by Diane Guerrero
- Idaho Springs: Monday, January 27 at 1 pm; book selection – Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser
Storytime and Niños Learning Español continue this month, as do our tech basics classes. We also added six new mobile hotspots to our collection in December, thanks to funding from the Colorado State Library – if you don’t have internet access at home, these are a great resource.
See you at the library soon!